Monday, October 26, 2020

 

Monday Morning Messy Makers: Harvest

This week's theme is Harvest. Keep scrolling to see book recommendations, songs, rhymes, activities, and crafts.




Picking Out a Pumpkin

Tune: The More We Get Together

I’m picking out a pumpkin, a pumpkin, a pumpkin.

I’m picking out a pumpkin for Halloween day.

How about a tall one, a fat one, a small one?

How about a big one for Halloween day?

Oh no, it’s too heavy, too heavy, too heavy.

Put it in the wagon and haul it away!

 

I’m a Little Scarecrow

Tune: I’m a Little Teapot

I’m a little scarecrow (point to self)

Raggedy and worn (arms out like a scarecrow)

I wear a hat (touch your head)

And my shirt is torn (touch shirt)

When the crows fly here (flap arms like a crow)

I wave and shout (wave arms)

“Away from my garden! Now get out!” (Shake fist and point)

 



Craft Instructions:

1. Glue yellow strips of paper to the backside of the hat, then glue the hat to the paper plate.

2. Make your face! Draw on the eyes and mouth, then glue the nose and cheeks. Add details to make your scarecrow funny, silly, or scary.

 

 

 

Extra play Ideas:

  •  Collect rocks from outside and paint them to look like jack o lanterns. Sneak to friend’s house and put it near the door for a spooky surprise.
  • Make your own scarecrow, using an old button up and leaves from outside. Put your scarecrow face craft at the top to complete the look.

·        

·        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Diverse Books: Young Adult Books by Asian American and Pacific Islander Authors

    Asian American Pacific Islander Month May is Asian American and Pacific Islander Month and to celebrate the Macomb Public Library is ...