Monday, November 9, 2020

 

Monday Morning Messy Makers: Hibernation

This week's theme is Hibernation. Keep scrolling to see book recommendations, songs, rhymes, activities, and crafts.


Hibernation

Tune: Do You Know the Muffin Man?

Do you know who hibernates?

Who hibernates? Who hibernates?

Do you know who hibernates?

It’s great big bears!

         

          Repeat with these verses for the last sentence:

          It’s little groundhogs!

          It’s slithering snakes!

          It’s buzzing bees!

          It’s small black bats!

          It’s stinky skunks!

           

I Have What I Need

Tune: Old MacDonald

I don’t leave when winter comes.

I have what I need.

I stay and search for food right here,

Eating lots of seeds.

With my feathers fluffed, I can stay warm

In the cold, in the rain, even in a snow storm.

I don’t leave when winter comes.

I have what I need.



Craft Instructions:

1. Glue dark paper to the bottom/middle of a piece of paper.  

2. Cut a paper plate in half to be your cave. Glue your cave on top of the dark square. Position 2 eyes peering out of the cave.

3. Add details around the cave. You can add the sky, trees, snow, or other forest animals.

 

Extra play Ideas:

  • Create a hibernating bear’s den with a large box and blankets to take a nap in or to have story time in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Diverse Books: Young Adult Books by Asian American and Pacific Islander Authors

    Asian American Pacific Islander Month May is Asian American and Pacific Islander Month and to celebrate the Macomb Public Library is ...