Monday, November 23, 2020

  

Monday Morning Messy Makers: Feast!


Keep scrolling to see book recommendations, songs, rhymes, activities, and crafts that your little turkey will gobble up!

Glad I’m Not A Turkey

Tune: Did You Ever See a Lassie?

I’m glad I’m not a turkey, a turkey, a turkey.

I’m glad I’m not a turkey on Thanksgiving Day.

They stuff you and bake you,

And then they will taste you.

I’m glad I’m not a turkey,

On Thanksgiving Day!

 

Pumpkins

Rhyme

Five little pumpkins sitting on the ground
The first one said, "I'm big, orange and round!"
The second one said, "I'm fresh off the vine!"
The third one said, "I taste divine!"
The fourth one said, "I'm ready to be tasted!"
The fifth one said, "Bake my seeds so they're not wasted!"
Someone from the kitchen picked them up and we know why...
The five little pumpkins all became PUMPKIN PIE!

Try this out!




Craft Instructions:

1. Cut a triangle out of a paper plate and put a layer of glue all over the paper plate.

2. Cover the piece completely with the squares of orange paper.

3. Glue the brown squares on the top edge for the crust.

4. Top off this craft with a few glued on cotton balls for your whipped cream. Tasty! 


Extra play Ideas:

Draw your perfect plate! What are your favorite foods to eat with your family?

·    Plan something to cook together to eat at a family celebration or dinner! Let your little one help measure and mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Diverse Books: Young Adult Books by Asian American and Pacific Islander Authors

    Asian American Pacific Islander Month May is Asian American and Pacific Islander Month and to celebrate the Macomb Public Library is ...