Monday, November 30, 2020

   

Monday Morning Messy Makers: Gingerbread


Keep scrolling to see book recommendations, songs, rhymes, activities, and crafts!

Five Yummy Gingerbread

Tune: Five Little Monkeys

Five yummy gingerbread sitting on a plate.

The first one said “Boy, we smell great!”

Shouting “Catch me, catch me, catch me if you can..

I’m really quick, I’m a gingerbread man!”

            Repeat with these verses:

            …The second one said “There’s a chill in the air.”

            …The third one said “I see hungry children everywhere!”

            …The fourth one said “I think we better run!”

            …The fifth one said “Here the children come!”

Then the children each grabbed one

And with a MUCH, CRUNCH, MUNCH,

The five yummy gingerbreads all turned into lunch!

 

Watch me Run

Tune: Jingle Bells

Watch me run, watch me run

All around the room.

I’m the little gingerbread kid.

See me zoom, zoom, zoom.

Running here, running there.

Running fast and slow.

I’m the little gingerbread kid,

See how fast I can go!

Try this out!






Craft Instructions:

1. Place your eyes, nose, icing and cheeks on the gingerbread face, then glue down.

2. Draw on a mouth and glue the bow/bowtie on.

3. Wrap the long strips of paper around your head and tape it to fit.

4. Glue the face and oval hands onto the headband


Extra play Ideas:

·        Create a gingerbread house or person using the play dough mats and play dough.

·        Make your own upcycled gingerbread house using a small box or milk carton.

·        Put on the headband and practice zooming and catching each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Diverse Books: Young Adult Books by Asian American and Pacific Islander Authors

    Asian American Pacific Islander Month May is Asian American and Pacific Islander Month and to celebrate the Macomb Public Library is ...