Monday, February 15, 2021

 

Monday Morning Messy Makers: Family

Keep scrolling to see book recommendations, songs, rhymes, activities, and crafts!

My Family

Tune: You Are My Sunshine

I love you (family member)

My dearest (family member)

You make me happy

When I am sad.

I want to tell you

I really love you!

When I’m with you,

I’m so glad!

 

These are Grandma’s Glasses

Recite each verse in different pitches

These are Grandma’s glasses (make glasses over eyes with fingers)

This is grandma’s hat (Place hands on head)

And this is the way she folds her hands  (Clasp hands together)

And lays them in her lap. (Place hands in lap)

These are Grandpa’s glasses (make bigger glasses over eyes with fingers)

This is grandpa’s hat  (Place over head to form large hat)

And this is the way he folds his hands  (Cross arms)

And takes a little nap. (Place head on arms as if sleeping)

 



Craft Instructions:

 

1. Use shapes to build a house.

2. It can look like the one you live in or your dream home to live in with your family.

Extra play Ideas:

·        Tell all about your family using the attached page.

·        Create a collage using magazines, family photos, or both. Find pictures of different types of families or a picture of something your family loves to do together.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Diverse Books: Young Adult Books by Asian American and Pacific Islander Authors

    Asian American Pacific Islander Month May is Asian American and Pacific Islander Month and to celebrate the Macomb Public Library is ...