Monday, September 14, 2020

Monday Morning Messy Makers: Flowers

Programming doesn't stop just because our building is closed! Check our blog every Monday for new ideas and activities based on that week's theme. Today's theme is flowers. Keep scrolling to see book recommendations, songs, rhymes, activities, and crafts for your little bud. (Recommended age:2-5)


I’m a Little Sunflower

Tune: I’m a Little Teapot

I’m a little sunflower, look and see

Here is my stem and here are my leaves.

When the sun comes up, I turn my head.

When the sun goes down, I go to bed.

 

Flowers Everywhere

Tune: Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star

Flowers, flowers everywhere,

In the garden, in my hair.

In the vase, at the store,

On the table, on the door.

What a lovely time of year,

Flowers blooming, bringing cheer.


Make your own sunflower! 

1. Glue a small brown circle to the center of a medium yellow circle.

2. Create petals on the flower by cutting strips in the yellow until the slit touches the brown.  

3. Glue a paper stem and leaves down, then glue your flower at the top.

4. Glue sunflower seeds inside the brown circle. 


Try these out!

  • Go on a family nature walk to look at all the flowers blooming. Collect the ones in your yard to put in a vase for the table.
  • Learn about a flower's life cycle and eat sunflower seeds as a tasty treat.
  • The average sunflower can grow anywhere from 6-10 feet. See how your family measures up in comparison.

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Diverse Books: Young Adult Books by Asian American and Pacific Islander Authors

    Asian American Pacific Islander Month May is Asian American and Pacific Islander Month and to celebrate the Macomb Public Library is ...